Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st, 2009


Today I was very excited to return to the studio and practice more of what I've learned from Mattesi. I struggled the first little while as I was more focused on doing a good drawing than I was applying his principles, but after being humbled I returned to what I had learned last week about drawing in four point perspective and this is my result. Not too exaggerated, but I really liked the twisting/zigzag movement from her left foot all the way through her neck. I feel more force in this than all my other gestures from the day.

This second drawing I was trying to apply what Mattesi teaches about finding form. He talks about moving away from the edge of the figure and try to re-mold the figure on your paper as it moves through space. This "re-molding" is a principle that really changed my approach today. I'm not too happy about how messy this drawing turned out, but between the foreshortening and contour modeling I felt I somewhat achieved what I was going for.


No comments:

Post a Comment